Automatic pallet wrappers VS manual wrappers: which one to choose?
Is it time to change your old manual wrapping pallet machine?
The machine is working fine, but despite not having any particular problems, you feel the need to buy a new one.
Know that buying a new automatic pallet wrapper will give you some advantages that can drastically increase the productivity of your company.
Lower labor costs, less film waste and a better safety are the main reasons why you should change your old manual wrapper with a cutting-edge model.
Keep reading to find out why.
Why buy an automatic pallet wrapper?
Depending on how old your manual pallet wrapper is, there may have been some progress in the safety field that can give it greater reliability. This is the first reason why you should upgrade your machinery and buy an automatic pallet wrapper.
Some manual wrappers have exposed wires or motor that could injure someone. On the other hand, most modern wrappers are very safe. Some automatically stop wrapping in case the film tears up.This prevents the operator from reconnecting it while the machine is running, thus avoiding unpleasant consequences.
Another advantage deriving from having an automatic pallet wrapper is the pre-stretch function, which is missing in the traditional manual wrappers.
It allows you to pre-stretch the stretch film, thus using less of it. If you manually wrap 100 pallets with a film roll, it will be possible to wrap between 200 and 300 pallets with an automatic wrapping machine, saving film thanks to the aforementioned pre-stretch function.
Saving money will help you allocating it to other corporate projects.
Moreover, any company can use this machine to reduce its labor costs: as a matter of fact, a manual wrapper requires many operators to work.
By purchasing an automatic pallet wrapper, you have the chance to save labor costs, as the automation will take place independently, while operators can now be assigned to activities that require critical thinking.
Automatic pallet wrappers: the main advantages for the goods
An automatic wrapper helps you pack packages, boxes and containers that must be stored and then transported to their destination.
The packaging of the products automatically wrapped in stretch wrap will have the following characteristics:
- It will be protected against damage, dust and humidity. By using an automatic wrapper, you will ensure your goods are protected from damage, dirt, dust and humidity.
- Your goods will be safer. Using an automatic wrapper will keep the operator on the forklift as safety measure. In fact, according to some surveys, it seems that 20% of all accidents involve people walking on the warehouse floor. Furthermore, the manual wrapper causes wear injuries, while the automatic wrapper allows your employees to stay safe.
- A more efficient wrapping of the product. A manual wrapper does not ensure packaging uniformity. As a matter of fact, there would be variations in the wrapping method and in the quality of the packaging such as to obtain an approximate packaging.
- Instead, with an automatic wrapper, the packaging will be made with a considerable time-saving procedure. Thanks to an automatic wrapper you will save a lot of time as it is a fast and reliable machine, capable of speeding up the packaging process drastically. With a manual wrapper your operator will not have to carry out a tedious and repetitive work that can even be very time-consuming. This way, there will be an increase in productivity, and you can employ him/her for other activities.
Pieri automatic pallet wrapper: Made in Italy quality
Discover the entire range of Pieri wrappers, distinguished by a great reliability, safety and innovation.
Thanks to the use of cutting-edge technology and to the proven experience of our team, our wrappers are designed to pass every test.
Since 1973 to date, over 4000 customers have purchased them. Our customers include leaders in the food and beverage sector, multinational paper companies, important industries in the logistics sector and international brands of the pharmaceutical world.
Each machine is characterised by sturdy materials and cutting-edge components. Test runs are carried out during the manufacturing phase, the delivery and installation phase.
We have four types of machines:
- Rotary ring wrapping machines,
- Rotary arm wrapping machines,
- Turntable wrapping machines,
- Conveying systems.
These machines are also covered by an effective after-sales service, as well as by a spare parts management.
Pieri – 4 families of products, 15 machine models: we have all solutions for a “wrapping system with maximum protection”!
To get in touch with one of our experts, visit this page.